Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hot dogs and honey

Greetings from Romania,

It's your friend Lizzi. The other day during breakfest at our host family something quite funny happened. Bryanna and I sat down to a table full of food. On the table was bread, cheese, sausage slices, hot dogs, butter, sugar, tea and honey. We took the food we felt comfortable eating (the bread and hot dogs and began to eat) the hot dogs were stuck together in pairs so we each took two. When we had finished one our host girl told us the honey was good with the bread, but she pointed to it and from my angle it looked like she was pointing at the hot dogs. So I decided to try it. I put some honey on my plate, thinking this was an Romanian treat. The daughter, DeAnna and mother, Carmen both looked at me like I was crazy. They asked if I ate this at home and I replied an awkward, "..no" realizing this was not an Romanian food, "I just wanted to try it...?" Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it does have a weird after taste. When we were done eating Bryanna and I laughed about the whole thing. We went to church and had team time later that morning and it came up when the team was telling funny stories and EVERYONE told me I HAD to post it on the blog. So there's my story, thank you for all your prayers and support, it means a lot to us!

Love, Lizzi

2 comments:

jeanie said...

lizzi,
way to go! you'll be eating olives before you know it-- if you can eat alligator in n'orleans, you can eat anything!
sounds like you guys are doing well, getting into the culture and having some amazing times. someone told me once, "don't limit the faces of God" and here you all are, finding the faces of love in a dying puppy, in outcast people, everywhere! love, Jeanie
(lizzi's mom)

Anonymous said...

Food stories are always great.Thanks for the smile. Maybe you are starting a new food trend, who knows. You all keep your focus correct and blessing will follow. Oh, and keep and eye on those leaders too. :) Bruce ( Hi Malachi Love Dad)