Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Word from the trainfront!!! (Direct from the Carpathian Mtns in Romania!)

It's the team with a short update from the train to Hungary. We actually have a long and well-written post that we've been trying to update the blog with for the past days. It should be up within 12 hrs - when I'm not updating from my iPhone. For now, it's 9:30pm & we've been on our sleeper car celebrating the trip & God's work through a little party on the tracks! The sun is finally set & the Carpathian Mtn's are 10 shades of grey & green as we slowly climb them. Bedtime is coming soon. For many of us, our 1st night of 6+ hrs of sleep in a while... and it will be almost 12 hrs of beautiful "rock me to sleep" train slumber. The last few days have been incredible & at our camp reunion we heard stories of lifechange from campers and leaders. Moving... amazing. God is so good. More on this later. Pray for a well deserved sleep and a productive debrief over the next 2 days. I'm SO Proud of this team. Wow! Words can't describe the ways God has used them this week. I can't wait to share more! For now, noapte buna! We'll miss you Romania! -Lief

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Oh I never got a better sleep then I do on those trains! Glad to hear you guys have seen God move in big ways, and I can't wait to hear your stories! I hope you guys are able to get some good sleep and enjoy your time of sharing stories and trying to figure out all the craziness you've just experienced in the past few weeks in a beautiful city. See ya soon!

Cara Trier said...

Hailey & Cassidy, I can only imagine how full your heads and hearts must be right now with the goodness of our great God and all that you have seen and experienced of Him. He is all that and more!!!!!

I love you both,
Mom (and dad too:))

p.s. remember to get some sleep (I didn't know if anyone was reminding you of that since I am not there!)

Leah said...

Eric...this reminds me of the last time I rode in a sleeper train :D

Maybe you'll meet some fun backpackers if you go wandering to different cars in the middle of the night.

I hope you get some good sleep!

Love you! (And I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!)
Leah

Jim Lerdahl said...

Sounds awesome! I must say, riding trains around Europe is one of my very favourite activities. (I'm pretty sure I already tried to make this post...maybe it will show up twice now)