Friday, July 29, 2011

Almost Time for Camp!!

Buna ziua (good day) it's Aubrey and Matt here,

Today is the day we leave for camp and we are all soooooooo pumped! As mentioned in an earlier blog, 12 more campers were added last night at the coffee house so our grand total for the camp is around 84 people (including us) which is fantastic!

We leave tonight around 10 pm... about our usual dinner time hah. Instead of taking a train, we will be taking two buses on the nine hour trip up the mountain so we will arrive around 8 am on Saturday to camp.

A couple culture shocks so far here in Romania:
- no flushing toilet paper
- CRAZY taxi drivers
- late night water melon meals
- kisses on the cheek are very common called poops!
- stray dogs all around the city
- very few public bathrooms & they cost money
- ping pong tables at the park
- kiss fm plays Rhianna and Ludacris (aka josh)
- no zip lock baggies
- peanuts for breakfast
- they start school at age 7 or 8


Also just a heads up, we may not have internet at the camp these next six days so although we will continue to blog, they won't get posted until next Friday!! Continue to leave us comments and please continue your prayers :)



Nowwww, a few shout-outs... or a lot of them:


Kristen to Jon and John- I now realize that it's truly impossible to get every receipt!
Michaela to Donna Johnke- I hope you weren't too lonely this week, I miss you a ton! I can't wait to tell you about my super sweet host mom. I love you!
Lief to Emi and the beautiful, growing, little child- I love both of you more than you could ever imagine! I hope you're eating out and staying healthy. I can't wait to hug you (Emi) and feel your little feet kick (Baby). Also, can we make chocolate chip cookies on August 12?!?!?!?!
Megan R. to Mom- Thanks for all the comments, miss and love you!
Megan R. to Chris- I miss you! I watched the zombie videos, hilarious! Nice work :)
Erik to My Homies- Shout out to my homes living on the streets
Kayta to Mommy and Papa- I love you!
Jenna to Grandma and Grandpa- Happy Anniversary!!!
Joshua to Family- I hope Sammy is behaving!
Megan W. to Momma, Daddy, Sissy and Wuppa- Miss and Love YOU!!!!
Catie to Mom, Dad and Megan- I love you!! and Hi to my second family, the Pliners!!
Jessica to Nate- I miss you!!! I'm journaling like crazy and have so many stories for you! I love you :)
Jessica to Mom, Dad and Harley- (okay, I guess Lexi too) I miss you- have fun on the Gulf... Let's go to Costa Rica when I get back!

Jessica to Mr. C and KAV- Have fun doing the kick-a-thon and the police night out demo! You guys are all awesome! Can't wait to see you when I get back!
Jessica to Caitlyn- No idea if you're actually reading this like you said you would, but if you are, I miss you! Hope you're having fun with all the munchkins!

Mom to April, Audra, Anne and Daniel- LIFE IS GOOD!
Dad to AAA and D and B- It is raining here... there?
Cassidy to Mom and Dad- Miss you! How is cowboys training going? I'm staying at Claudia's house. Do you remember her from when she visited Wisconsin?
Cassidy to Tess- Love all your comments, thanks. I miss you (and big pink). I can't wait to tell you all about it. All the Romanians love your letters!
Cassidy to Malachi- Wish you were here. It's not the same without you. The Romanians Love your notes and bracelets.
Hunter to Tess- JBBD says hi. I'll make sure I grab an autograph for you.
Hunter to Makenzie- Miss you dude. Wish you were here. Everyone says hi and that they miss you. Hug the kids for me.
Jimmy SO to John and Vicki- I love you and miss you.
Jimmy SO to Isaac Portz- Hope you are keeping Angie under control. (This is also an SO to Angie. Miss you!)
Taylor to Mom and Dad- Love and Miss you guys!
Taylor to Collie Man- I miss you soooo much. I'm sending you a hug and a kiss over the internet...
Taylor to Payton- You're awkward but I love you!
Taylor to Kelsey- Hey
Taylor to Katy- I miss energy drinks... That's what's up.
Taylor to Kati and Tess- Mystery spice is everywhere!
Hannah to Jansen- Happy birthday little brother!
Hannah to Sawyer- Have fun in Hawaii!! ... mom and dad you don't get a shout out because you are going to Hawaii without me ;)
The Big MT to my peeps - aka my mom and sis, how is everything at home? Is bailey doing ok? I hope so, love u guys

The Big MT to Grandma H- Heads up

The Big MT to Dad - Thanks for the update on the cubs and bears keep me posted on anything else

The Big MT to Grandma and Grandma Tolly - Thanks for your prayers tell Kyle I say hi and to read this

Aubs to ma and dad- I missss you lots and lots and i loveeeee you.

Aubs to Dev and Chris- I CANNOT wait for the wedding, I promise I will get your something borrowed and blue :) miss you both lots, have fun at ballroom without me!

Aubs to Ben- I'm in Romania if you were wondering... love you.

Aubs to Luhsel- I meeeeees you, dance pretty and tell my pommies good luck!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catie: Peanuts for breakfast and late night watermelon...you must think your in heaven. Have a great time at camp!

LOve Dad

Nathan said...

Love you too hun :) Come home soon! Praying for the group!!!

Melodi said...

Joshua, we miss you and love you lots!!! Sammy is totally misbehaving - probably because he misses you so much :-) Can't wait to hear your rapping and more about your experiences. Praying for all of you!

Caitlyn said...

Jessica: haha i'm so glad i was included in this you have no idea :) of course i'm reading your blog and praying for the group! can't wait to hear all the stories and for you to come home and save me.. love you and miss you!

Heidi Fisher said...

Aubrey, the shout out to Ben was laugh out loud funny (for Dev & me)! We are taking Rupert over to MKE on Sunday to live with Ben. He is happy to be able to have his cat back. G Lani & G Stan arrive Wednesday, they leave Oregon on Sunday. I found a dress to wear as MOB (thanks to Megarad's mom shopping with me, of course). Dev found a veil we both love yesterday (Friday). And it didn't rain this year on my annual office park party:) We miss you terribly and yet wouldn't change where you are at and what you are doing for anything. Don't forget anything because we want to hear it all when you get back.

And to all: Thanks for all the blogs and photos and the group texts. It almost feels like we are there and it makes it easier to know how to pray and share in your trip!

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14,16

Anonymous said...

Aubs -
I miss you like crazy!!! I'm keeping up with the blog - everything looks amazing - and I'm praying for all of you!! Come home to me soon! Love you so much :) ps. I'll make sure to pass along your shout out to Ben...

Megan and Kayta - love you girls too!

Anonymous said...

Reading all the posts and loving them! We will be praying for all of you while you are away at camp. Sorry it was such a long trip. Thanks for the shout out Megs! The Wuppa is missing you and your dad says MEOW! MEOW! Thinking about you all the time. Find any milk?
Love Mom and Dad Watts

Caitlyn said...

Jessica: i cut the grass at your house this past sunday, it was awful. the kick-a-thon went well though, and last night was the police night out demo! it was so hot, i've never sweat so much in my life. but it still was amazing and they had a dance party which we took over afterwords :)

Megarad & Aubs: i need to see you girls before i leave for mn :( :( :(

miss you all! the group is in my prayers and i hope you are all safe and healthy and having the most amazing experience! <3

audra.j.brady said...

nnnnnoooooo..... rain.
lots of watering though?

love you.

aaa d b