Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1 from O'Hare Airport!

Hey it's Amy and Megan! Blogging to you from O'hare! We are waiting in the airport to go to London. We are really excited to leave and be in Romania!

Today was an eventful day! We met at Blackhawk to say goodbye to everyone and then got on the bus to drive to the airport. We watched Narnia (Chronic WHATcles of Narnia) and Amy introduced some 10 second dance parties! Also we had to make a side trip to Toys R Us, which was a fantastic detour. Our new mascot is Ricardo the one eyed Peruvian neon puppet lizard! He is amazing.

And of course, we already miss you all back home, but...WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED TO SEE EVERYONE AND FOR CAMP!!

Shoutouts!
Amy: I love you Abby!! I miss you already. Keep practicing the Eagle Song. Ah I should have given him an oreo.
Megan: Happy Birthday Eve Catie!
Love you Mom and Dad!
Shane, stay out of my room...
Lief: RAHoule!
Malachi: Franswa!
Jenna to Olan :)
Emily to Mary: Thank Georgia for me :) and thanks for your pretty blue skirt!
Hailey to the Creator of the Weaver
Hunter: Hi!
Cassidy: Mom, Dad, RIGSBY <3
Kati and Taylor: Noodles
Johnny: I love you Brett <3
Kevin: A shoutout to my supporters - financially and through prayer! Thank you!
Zack: Ditto Johnny's shoutout. I hope the pool was fun!
Sheri to my lovely fiance Bradley: I miss you A LOT. I love you always.
Eric to Joel, Paul and Mark: Thanks for hooking us up with sound equipment at the last minute.
Pat to Audra and Anne: Mow the lawn! :)
Nikki to Jimmy Johns: Why did you put Roast Beef on my veggie sub?!?!
Lief (again) to his beautiful wife: thanks for virtually packing my whole bag for me! What would I do without you?? Also - give a big hug & buttrub to Eli & Jack for me (they're dogs, people, come'on)!
Team Shoutout: To our supporters, families, friends and Blackhawk staff that gave us a lovely send away party! Thank you for your support and your prayers!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHH amy i miss you too. sooo much. and i just wanted to remind you that you should b inspired by the beautiful, graceful scenery in Romania and look out for all those eagles:)

Anonymous said...

yea Lief, your dogs will enjoy your message! :o) Bruce

Kelly said...

Megan, I followed you all the way to Chicago was hiding in the bushes as you got out of the bus. Just kidding (HAHA). Love you to. Have a great time. Mom

Smileydad said...

Megan

It's true, I saw her hiding in the bushes..."stalker mom".

Dad

Thomas Ramsey said...

Johnny and Zack, I am thoroughly hurt right now! Lief and Malachi that made me laugh, very nice! Safe travels, my prayers are with you!

Thomas

Kristen Emerson said...

SUCH a fun team! Safe travels. Can't wait to hear about your friendships and adventures in Romania.
-Kristen

Blackhawk Romania Team said...

Hi Emily, this is such a blessing and so cool, have a great day, thinking of you! Mom

The Big MT said...

Have a great trip guys, i am checking the blog almost hourly haha

Matt Tolly (The Big MT)

Emily McGrath said...

Taylor, So glad you got there safe. Miss you!! love you Mom

Leah said...

I hope you are all having uneventful travels to start off your trip! Enjoy Romania :D

Anonymous said...

Cassidy and Hailey, thanks for the shout out!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are the best!!

Love,
Mom & Dad

Alyssa L said...

AMY
Best friend, I miss you.
I'm glad you introduced dance parties.
Thank you.
Love,
lyss