Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hey y'all! Johnny Lerdahl here. I feel quite honored to be writing this blog, however, I haven't looked at any of the other posts so I might repeat some things. Yesterday we had our get-together at the coffee house and that was an awesome time hanging out with the kids(I say kids but most of them are probably either my age or older than me) coming to camp. They weren't serving coffee at this coffee house but it was a pretty legit place to be. There was a stage where we performed out activities such as: the worship played some hits, a number of students did a couple of funny skits, and Zack, Cassidy, and I shared why we came to Romania and what were excited for most about camp. The funniest moments were definitely when Lief accompanied Zack on stage while he sang, "Apologize" by One Republic, and when Kevin was doing a skit with Malachi, Rosvan, Amy, Bianca, and Sheri and he was up there singing his heart out and yelling, "What the crap!" Oh, and I guess it was slightly funny when I was singing, "Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears, hopefully that video will make its way onto Facebook. Our next adventure was eating dinner at Galaxy, a fine dining establishment. Right as we sat down at our table there was a flash of lighting and instantly the power went out...for the duration of our meal. And of course, the power came back on right when we left. It was kosher though because we had a nice romantic, team-bonding, candlelit dinner. But how could I forget! Before we went out for dinner we visited the City Center where they have fountains lit up and choreographed with classical music...tightttt. God has been working in amazing ways on this trip and hopefully you'll hear about them in blogs to come;) I'm pretty crunched for time here since we finna leave for camp any minute here, we're really excited! We all love 16 hour bus rides. We miss y'all lots and we love the feedback that you've been giving us it really keeps us going.

SHOUTOUTS!!!

Zack to... The Fam--Hope the dells is going great!
Thomas--Hope everything is going awesome for you and we are all enjoying your comments they are pretty funny.

Tess to Kenzie: Girrrl I miss having you here so much. Let's just say...soapy has returned! Hahahah it was so funny i was like ayooo soapy! Brought back so many memories. I loveee you and I hope you're doing good :) Ps Zack is really mad because you said he's the 2nd best hugger hahahah.

Cassidy and Megan to Emilia: How is your new apartment? Can't wait to see you!

Cassidy to Kenzie: aww that was such a sweet comment. miss you so much! like tess said, we found soapy again...hes still the same soapy!

Megan to Kenzie: Thanks for the shout out! I miss you! See you when we get back home lady:)

11 comments:

Cathie Quandt said...

Hi Cookiebird!!

WOW....You are sooooo loved!!!! Everyone is rooting for you to pound water! I'll dig up the picture of you when we went to Disyneyland - you were 4 - and boy oh boy did the heat hit you there too. These blogs are incredible and so are the texts - I feel so close to each of your days. I do miss you tons! Dad said you sound great! Yahoo!!! Drink, drink, drink the water:) Muchoo Love to you and the prayers continue! Mom

The Big MT said...

Just got back from church, thanks for the update Johnny I was sitting on the edge of my seat wanting to know how the coffehouse went, it sounds like it was a good time, hopefully those videos make it up on fb cause i would like to check em out.
Ill be praying as you guys go to camp hopefully God will have big things in store for this year. Keep up with the updates as much as possible but its understandable that its really tough to post the blog at camp

Can't wait to hear about camp, safe travels from ya boy MT haha jk

Matt Tolly (The Big MT/Tollipop)

Sarah Stevens said...

Hi all!

Great blog John! It was tighttt....or at least that is what you would say. ;-)

The coffeehouse sounds like it was alot of fun! Did someone video Lief and Zack doing Apologize? If not we might need a reanactment at the Reunion night party!!

Zack...Taylor and I are heading up to the Dells in the morning to join everyone. We will miss you! Any requests for your tie-dye shirt this year?

Praying for safe and restful travels to camp!! Have a wonderful week reaching a community!

Love, Sarah-Z's mom

Dad Braughler said...

I am sorry to hear that things are not going well. NOT!
It is such an encouragement to all of us to hear that God is moving. The Text messages are great!
Looking forward to hear all that happens at camp. I know that is when things really start happening. Praying for safety and that all of you will respond to Gods moving this week.
Hey Mal Whatch Do'n?
Love Dad

Kelly said...

Meggie

I am glad you did not hide from the camera this year. We saw you on the video. Hope you are having a great time.

I was just on the phone with Catie she has the following message for you: Aug 6th It's on!!!! Signed Catie

We love you and miss you a lot. Mom

Kelly said...

Pat, Larry & Leif

I just saw Megan on the video which proves you haven't lost her (haha).

We are praying for all of you. Kelly

Will Skolaski said...

SUP EVERYONE!!!

Its Will :) Glad to hear that everything is goin' so great! Can't wait to hear awesome stories and see great picture! I've been thinkin' about the team often and sendin' the best of wishes to everyone!

Miss ya guys!
Will

P.S. I hope some one is keepin Malachi outta trouble!....and Lief!

Liz said...

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." II Chron 16:9

Praying for you~
Mal's Aunt Liz

Davey said...

Johnny!
That was profound. All my roomies said your writing will get you far at the u dub (actually none of them are here).
You need to get Lief to do some double stanky-leg on something really Romanian.
I get to start looking at wedding bands with Kaitlyn this Thursday. Finally time for yi boyee to put some ice oh eh?
I miss you and love you. I'm so excited for your steps of faith and the growth Jesus will grace you with as a result!
Oh yeah, mom totally trashed your room. Now it's really like a dorm room! :) And I'm wearing all your clothes, inside and out. Had to borrow some after work.
Get Busy!

Thomas Ramsey said...

Haha Johnny only you would write a blog with that lingo. I just hope everyone can understand it! Yung Joc sings about a coffee shop in one of his songs(i think it is yung joc) and he is referring to a drug dealing place,; when you said the coffee shop wasnt actually a coffee shop it made me ponder. But you reassured me by saying it was legit.

I'm pumped up for all of you to be serving over there and at camp! I know God is working in great ways and will continue to do say. Just keep trucking and doing God's will! I'm praying for y'all (as johnny would say).

~Thomas

Thomas Ramsey said...

oh yea and johnny thanks for the S.O. and everything is going really well...MN came into town this week for SOAR lol...details later? (this might concern Zack too but i didn't know where to put his name into this...)

CAM isnt the same without you guys and we gotta quaker stake and lube it up before everyone goes to school!