Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Pictures! (cause we know you love 'em)

Everyone - just a quick note, and a boat load of pics before I turn in. The girls did a great job with the update (BTW, Zack did GREAT at the coffeehouse tonight - and Tess, Makenzie, Malachi, and Pat shared with everyone about last years camp experiences - also awesome!).

More to come tomorrow and Monday. Unfortunately , we cannot guarantee that we can post at all while at camp (Monday 7/20 PM - Monday 7/27 PM)... I know, a whole week!?! I've heard conflicting reports about internet availability but we will do everything we can to at least get a couple updates to you throughout the week, even if it means driving a bit to find a place. As for the weather - beautiful today - mid to upper 90's... 50's sure sounds nice though! Tomorrow morning - church at 10am. Jess and Josh will be sharing from their story and about their Romanian experience past and present, Zack will be joining Daniel and his team in leading worship. Pat and I will also share about our joys and dreams for the present and future partnership with the Craiovan church. After that, a free afternoon with some fun options and a very special evening is planned as well - you'll hear more tomorrow night. Until then - some pictures.

One last thing - I can't say enough about how proud I am of this team. God has chosen a very capable, flexible, patient, and willing group of leaders (all 24 of them) to use as his vessels in Romania this summer. Each one has uniquely stepped outside their comfort zone, tried new things and trusted the Lord to work through them. Each one has brought joy to my heart as their leader - I am constantly amazed and inspired at their willingness and ability to step out in faith, lead with confidence, and with hearts that burst for joy - bringing smiles to so many people around them, including me. Parents - these kids you let us take over to this side of the ocean - they are really awesome - good work and thank you for all you have done to make this trip a reality for them/us (this year and over the course of the last 15-20 years). Thank you as well to each of you for your support and your prayers - they mean so much to us.

Noapte Buna - Lief




























17 comments:

anonynonie-n-chubby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonynonie-n-chubby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anonynonie-n-chubby said...

Hey Annie, I figured out this blog thing... I've given in (tear). Glad to see that you're writing in the book - I'm missing you like chili without beans!
lief i hope you'll be putting up captions to these pictures when you get back. Until then, i'll help out a little:
pic 1:
Group picture with the Italian Women's soccer team
pic 2:
Group picture before entering the castle to save Princess Fiona
pic 3:
Another Group picture behind the rarely seen wall of the Alamo.
pic 4:
"Hee hee, I'm about to sneak up on them"
pic 5:
making new friends
pic 6:
"who said this was a duet?"
pic 7:
"yes, I admit it - I'm bad"
pic 8:
Lief trying to join the Romanian soccer team
pic 9:
{I wish I knew where ya'll were}
Alright, I'm done with the captions. We're praying for you all! Someone has to take picture of Zach's amazing egg pizza and post it on here.

Mom Smiley (Kelly) said...

Meggie (Megan), we miss you tons. I am so thankful for all the great pictures. Everyone looks like they are having a great time. I pray you are all getting plenty of rest.

Grannie Annie is here and told me to say hi.
I love you, Mom

mama muss said...

Love the blog, photos and shout outs! What an answer to prayer you are all doing well. Nate, should we tell Gordon now or when you come back???? Miss your smiling face. love, mom & dad PS Honey the dog is looking for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassidy & Hailey,

Yeah for you guys!!!!! Dad and I drove up to the U.P. in Michigan today, and listened to alot of XM classic rewind (oldies but goodies)but it just wasn't the same without you guys to sing them to. We sure miss you guys alot. Life just isn't quite so funny without you!!! Take care of each other!

Love,
Mom and Dad

Lindsay Siekert said...

Hey Brooke :)

SQUEEZE SMOOCH SNIFF SNUGGLE I'm sending them on here for you because I really could go for all of them right now! We LOVE you so much! Guess what? Before church tomorrow we are going to Angel's Wish to look at kitties! I need something to snuggle without you here :( Panda needs love too! She wants to squeeze your little head right off! (Imagine us saying all of this like the dorks we are) You are in our thoughts all the time! You may be far away but you are close in our hearts! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

We Love you lil sis!

Linz,Steve and Panda

kell said...

Dani, thanks for finally letting us see some pictures of your smiling face. Of course, your laughing as usual in there..see your playing cards, hope you don't teach the Romanian kids how to cheat!!! Make sure yall are watching her..haha
miss ya. don't worry, ladico lost his wallet again, so your car is safe for now. start my job on monday, so busy busy..have fun at your camp. Praying for ya and your team...keep the pictures coming.

Don said...

Hey Matt,
Glad to see some photos of you. Don't be shy of those cameras.

I am going to Georgia for a few days so it is mom and k here by themselves. I drove your your car today and put gas in it.

Mom says the Gyspy Market sounds like AKA - Florida Flee Market...Any Dogs at the market?????? We will let Grandma HO HO know.

We love you and miss you. Thanks for the photo.

Mom, Dad and Katlyn.

Ben said...

... LAUREN! You would be sleeping while everyone else is having fun :P haha! I love you lots and can't wait to hear about EVERYTHING!

Anonymous said...

Jessica - I may not get back on before you leave for camp (tomorrow right, or am I confused on the whole time travel thing?), but I wanted to send my love again before you leave "civilization" (however I'll send even more love if I find later that I'm not confused about the time travel thing). I'm up at Grandma & Grandpa Jake's and heading back home later today. Only one tick so far. There must be ticks in Romania right? Stay away from them (like you can help it...). Let the Spirit move through you each day as you share and make friends. Say hey to Bri.
Daddyo.

GpaScott - GmaPat said...

Great pictures of everyone having fun and growing as a team. This "Blog" stuff is a great way to keep up with you and in some way be part of the excitment. I'm wondering how many states besides Wisconsin people are following you. I know Zack has people in Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and Ohio checking in every day and keeping you in our praryers. It would be fun to hear what the other states were...

GpaScott

Leigh said...

Nice puppy picture Natalie, Customs Dept frowns on puppy imports, too bad. Jealous of your weather. We broke an all time low July temp the other day.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Josh, what a cute mug you have. We miss you too sweetie-pie!!
kiss-kiss
mom

Luke said...

Z -
We miss you! Remember that I said Mom & Dad said I could have your room and phone right? Well today, I rode your yellow bike! I'm taking that too... :) Did you know we miss you?
Love ya - your brother - Luke

Valerie Mau said...

Hi Lolo!
Not much here. Jacob and Dad are fishing A LOT! Looks like you are having more fun than that, unless of course you are sleeping! Have a great time at camp teaching them English. How that works, I really don't know, but I'm sure it'll be fun trying! Let your light shine everyone; you are heavenly ambassadors! (Don't be intimidated or anything!) Praying for you all! Be safe!
Love, Mom and all the Maus

Will Skolaski said...

Hey,
Loving the pics that are being taken. keep'em comin! it looks like everyone is have a FANTASTIC time. Totally jealous of the entire thing. Have a great time everyone.

ps. NICE PIC MALACHI!